Can't set hilitedLine inside openStack

André Bisseret andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 19 04:48:50 EDT 2013

Bonjour Paul,

Not sure to have understood well your problem but:

I just made a new main stack "stackMain" and a substack of it named "bar"
On stack "stackMain" a button with the following handler :

on mouseUp
   modal stack "bar"
end mouseUp

On the substack "bar", I put a field "foo" with several lines of text
setting the lockText to true and listBehavior to true.
the script of the field "foo" is :
on selectionChanged
   global gLineNum,
------
   put the hilitedLine of me into gLineNum
end selectionChanged

The script of the substack "bar" is :
on openStack
   global gLineNum,
   ------
   if gLineNum > 1 then
      set the hilitedLine of fld "foo" to gLineNum
   else
      set the hilitedLine of fld "foo" to 0
   end if
end openStack

And on the substack a button which allow to close it :
on mouseUp
   close stack "bar"
end mouseUp

select a line in field "foo",
close the substack "
reopen it : the hilitedLIne of field "foo" is as expected

 Does that help ?

Best regards from Grenoble

André