6.1

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jun 12 22:04:47 EDT 2013

On 13/06/2013, at 11:21 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> While not returning properties that aren't set may satisfy your needs, it
> certainly doesn't fill my requirements.  It's always been impossible to get
> a full list of properties simply because some of them, and I don't mean
> derived ones, were omitted from the list for reasons, I assume, of
> oversight.  So now those, or at least some of them have been included, but
> a whole bunch of others are not returned if they are not set.  Can you
> perhaps see that plays havoc with any scripts that currently expect them to
> be returned, set or not?

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are using the properties for? Is it just to get the keys?

> Not returning them simply because they are not set is a step backwards.  If
> there is a need for that, then let's have another form of "the properties"
> that indicates that, perhaps, "the working properties" or "the effective
> properties".

The effective properties has been implemented but this means something different to what you are thinking...

> Off to the QCC to file a bug report.

OK... might be good to discuss this on the engine forum... I

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!