Developing for multiple desktop platforms

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 8 16:01:12 EDT 2013

On 6/8/13 11:52 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> I'm also finding the IDE menu setup much more usable on WIndows than Mac.
>   The way that the IDE's system menu keeps changing on OSX depending on
> context has always been frustrating to me.  In WIndows, there's a menu in
> the main IDE window that never changes and another one in the SCript Editor
> window for actions specific to script editing, a much better scheme in my
> opinion.

I usually leave editmenus set to true on my development stacks while I'm
working on them. That way the menu stays in the stack window on OS X
just as it is on a PC. You do lose the ability to use keyboard menu
shortcuts, but the advantages of doing layout while the menu is visible,
and the permanancy of the IDE menus makes that a small tradeoff.

I think you're stuck with the script editor menu change, but that
doesn't bother me much.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com