Getting Kanji from a .csv file

Alan Stenhouse alanstenhouse at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 03:59:04 EDT 2013

Hi Phil, Howard

Actually, Kanji is normally read from top to bottom, right to left... but thankfully most of probably don't have to deal with it like that... :-)

Another of Devin's useful articles on Unicode is this lesson:

http://lessons.runrev.com/m/4067/l/20441

The function below might be useful for you too, in converting from your source data to Revolution format unicode text:

function getRevTextFromUTF8 theText
  return unidecode(uniencode(theText,"utf8"))
end getRevTextFromUTF8

although you might be working with UTF16 in which case put "utf16" in place of "utf8".

Hope some of that helps - good luck!

If not, try posting a portion of your file somewhere for us to test on.

cheers

Alan