Monochrome Woes

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 03:29:27 EDT 2013

On 06/05/2013 01:10 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richmond <richmondmathewson at ...> writes:
>
>> For those who are interested, the icons for LC 6.0.2 are stored in the
>> revGeneralIcons stack.
> Looking into this again, the icons for the Application Browser are stored on
> card id 200593 of the revIcons stack. They're rather dismal. You can copy
> the icons from a pre-6.0 LC stack and replace the ones in LC6. You have to
> change the icon ids from the messagebox, as the property inspector helpfully
> refuses to do so, announcing that those ids are reserved for the IDE.
> Remember to save your work. My guess is that there were licensing problems
> with the older icon set and so it wasn't compatible with the dual-license
> OSS release, and that this was done in a hurry. It's just a guess, but I
> can't think of another reason why the better images would have been deprecated.

Probably an aesthetic decision.

Frankly, going through that whole process you outline above is too much
like hard work.

What would be nice is an explanation as to why the icons were changed,
seemingly
on a whim.

It would be very easy indeed (albeit time-consuming) to run up a series of
5 or six wee coloured icons on a stack with a
replaceTheIconsYouDoNotLike script.

Possibly the best way to do this is to colourise the current monochrome
ones :)

Richmond.