Another bizarre Apple patent troll case, in which Runtime Revolution plays a bit part

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Mon Jun 3 17:34:32 EDT 2013

Kee wrote:

> Wondering what the lawyer patented and how it was different from state of the art 1993.

I believe the patent was awarded for the utility and novelty of gestures. Actually touching an object on the screen and flinging it away to delete it.
Touch screen interaction then was usually just touch and release. Some early touch screens even had hardwired hotspots.
It was the gesturing that was novel. I think.

Jim Lambert