dealing with these *huge* pdf files generated

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 14:09:21 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Alejandro Tejada
<capellan2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/ANN-Quartam-PDF-Library-1-1-5-Available-td4658335.html

But that doesn't seem to do it:  "Nor can it be used to modify
existing PDF documents or extract text from them."

The issue here isn't *generating* a pdf, but that when I export a card
to one, livecode is *horribly* inefficient, making a file 10 times the
size it should be.

I got a message the other day (wish Id written it down) to the effect
of there being unused templates or some such in the file.

I have no problem making the files look exactly why I want (which is
why I'm using a HyperCard derivative; the pairing is quite natural).
(In fact, I suspect I replicated significant parts of some of Quantum
PDF functionality in the manner I place things).

Hmm, I've written raw postscript before, I suppose that I could write
my own card to .ps conversion, then turn *that* into .pdf :)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462