[OT] Free Benchmarking Stuff

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 19:53:48 EDT 2013

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> 4W RevBench is available in the Stacks section of RevNet - in the IDE
> see Development->Plugins->GoRevNet
> I also added an article to LiveCode Journal that goes into benchmarking
> in a little more detail:
> Benchmarking Performance in LiveCode
<http://livecodejournal.com/tutorials/benchmarking-revtalk.html>

Excelent Richard! Many thanks for writing this essential and
informative article. :D

Now... How could we collect a battery of benchmarks for
stress testing the most commonly used functions, commands,
properties and messages used in the LiveCode platform?

I know that benchmarks for stress testing LiveCode seems
too much effort, but it's important to notice that we are in
a transitional stage, between desktop and mobile computing.

These extreme benchmarks would save a lot of hair pulling
when we find a "New and Non-standard" device in this Wild
New Era of Portable Computing. (Tablets, Phones, Clocks
and more...)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_testing

Al