Problems with Padding and the Properties

Timothy Bleiler bleiler at buffalo.edu
Wed Jul 24 18:24:09 EDT 2013

I'm running into some problems with the padding property.

I'm not familiar with it and haven't used it but it's being returned with the Properties of fields of all types and is causing me some trouble.

Here are the problems:

When I get the properties of a field, the padding is included but appears to be the rect of the field.
If I try to get the padding of the field directly i.e. get the padding of fld 1 - I get the message "the object does not have this property"

It looks to me like something is a bug but I don't know where the error is because I really don't know what the rules are for the padding property.

Tim Bleiler, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer, HSIT
University at Buffalo