Setting up LC Server on Dreamhost

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Wed Jul 24 14:41:16 EDT 2013

"You should avoid using .htaccess files completely if you have access to httpd main server config file. Using .htaccess files slows down your Apache http server. Any directive that you can include in a .htaccess file is better set in a Directory block, as it will have the same effect with better performance."

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/howto/htaccess.html