Setting up LC Server on Dreamhost

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Wed Jul 24 12:29:13 EDT 2013

Thanks, Stephen.

Following your example, I changed the permissions and then moved the .htaccess file to the right directory.

Now I see the HTML source displayed in the browser. Is the Dreamhost configuration set up by default to use .htaccess files? Or do I need to contact their tech support?

I see from the Apache website that .htaccess files are not ideal; better to change the server main configuration file. Can I do that with Dreamhost?

We moved to a dedicated server because of performance issues--a shared server on GoDaddy was too slow serving simultaneous audio files.

Peter