How to manage file name containing a date with /

André Bisseret andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 22 10:36:33 EDT 2013

Thanks Dar for your prompt reply

Le 22 juil. 2013 à 15:16, Dar Scott a écrit :

> André,
>
> I'm not sure why this will not work to create the file name:
>
> get "Joe PATIENT - bio checkup - 09" & numToChar(240) & "2013.pdf"

I am doing something similar :
put quote & numToChar(240) into tVar
replace ":" with tVar in tDocName
so that I obtain the same tDocName as those you are suggesting
then I build the filename of the document (the document is in the same folder as the stack from which I try to launch it)
so I put the fileName of this stack into tPath
set the itemdel to slash
then I put tDocName into last item of tPath
so that I get something like "C:/Users/aBisseret/…/…/Joe PATIENT - bio checkup - 09"ð2013.pdf
but then
launch document tPath does not work!
> I think I might not be understanding the situation.  Are these all files on a network file server or a portable storage?  They look one way (with colons) on a Mac (with colons) and look another way on Windows (with the dot)?

A folder "Joe PATIENT" is on the disk of the computer. In this folder there is a sub-folder where are a stack say "Consultation Joe PATIENT" and, at the same level, the documents (files) that concerns him (a dozen or so)
On the stack "Consultation Joe PATIENT" there are "buttons" (kind of) , one for each document the name of which being a custom property of the button.
I am trying to launch these document in the script of these buttons.

I hope I am not too obscure

Thanks again for your kind attention

André

> I also may have made an error in character encoding calculation.  I'll double check that.

I find the same (240)