Convert date to seconds

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jul 18 13:48:03 EDT 2013

I think it is the UTC seconds thing.  I think that changing a date to seconds will get midnight of the day for the current time zone.  Somebody in an more westerly timezone might see those seconds and the date will be earlier.

If it is on only one computer and the timezone will not change, then you might be OK.

The dateItems format for convert might be handy for coming up with a file name format.

Dar