Mac to Chinese Windows--ASCII value greater than 127

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Mon Jul 15 18:33:25 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm having a problem where a compiled stack is showing high-ASCII characters improperly for users in China who are on Windows.

This is text in fields that contain diacriticals. The stack was created on a Mac and text displays properly for Windows users in the USA.

However, the couple of Windows users in China who are using the program to do a English to Chinese translation for us are seeing a Chinese character where there should be displaying a roman diacritical character.

Is there something in their Chinese Windows installations that would cause this? They have downloaded and installed the Helvetica and Georgia fonts that we use.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA