Memory usage

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 4 09:53:13 EDT 2013

Monte Goulding wrote:
 > If this is the same project I think it is then she can't use
 > encryption because she can't use any externals... nothing but
 > the executable is allowed...

While not nearly as secure as Blowfish (not by a long shot), this modest
encryption script can at least slow down hacks, and as a script is fully
embeddable:
<http://livecodejournal.com/tutorials/handy-handlers-005.html>

I wouldn't recommend it for data requiring really strong security, but
the sort of person able to crack it is likely able to do a memory dump,
so it's probably no less secure than limiting stacks to RAM.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World