Memory usage

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jul 3 13:35:47 EDT 2013

If virtual memory makes things slow then customers get cranky.

For me, a scroll handle that doesn't follow the mouse pointer is very irritating.  Clicking a button again because "it didn't work the first time" is also very bad, especially if something is done twice.

I'd say, work with virtual memory for now to get the concept down, but be ready to do some planning to make things faster.

If you are many miles from your customer, you don't see how irritating slow GUI is for your customer, so you have to guess.  You can set up processor and memory and disk requirements, but that only partially helps.

Dar