Valentina DB, SQLite and DBLib

Pascal Lehner tate83 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 06:47:48 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Another rather n00b-ish question ;-)

I have a SQLite database with about 15 tables. Some of them are
obviously relational. Some of the tables will have a row added every
15 or 30 minutes, but only with 4-5 columns each, the others will be
much smaller.

I started to write my app using DBLib which works very nicely. I
assumed that I have to handle the table-relations (update several
fields in several tables if necessary) myself and remember to write
the data everywhere where it is required.

I installed Valentina Studio yesterday and see that Valentina actually
can handle diagrams and automatically creates the connecting tables to
handle m:m relations. Does that mean using the right command, I can
also have the data automatically interlinked in these realtion tables?

Now I'm wondering: Can I use Andre's DBLib to write the data to the
database and get the relations handled automatically after I add some
Valentina DB script to my stack? Or do I need to use the
VDatabase-handles and probably loose the nice features like DBWhere
from DBLIB? What would you do? Are there any VDatabase features that I
just MUST have or use?

I might also want to offer MySLQ and SQLite in the future for this app
and make as less changes as possible.

Best regards,

Pascal