What if....

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jan 27 15:31:34 EST 2013

Pete-

Sunday, January 27, 2013, 11:45:16 AM, you wrote:

> OK, so I understand the parens thing now.  Any thoughts on the use of
> multiple ifs vs joining the conditions together with "and".  I've
> always considered that to be just a matter of personal preference and ease
> of reading but wondering if there might be other implications, like
> performance for example.

No performance hits. They compile down to the same code. In some
situations one may be easier to read than the other or vice versa. I
usually use the separate lines form to make it easier to maintain if I
have to add things. I also find that separating them this way makes it
easier to write DRY code since conditions in common stand out more.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net