Desktop visual effect

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jan 18 15:58:12 EST 2013

Alejandro:  One issue with the stack you referenced is the technique
relies on a screen capture of the desktop, which is no longer necessary
since LiveCode can create actual translucent windows.  Any PNG image that
contains transparency will work, simply by setting the windowShape of the
stack to the id of the source image.

Chipp's stack was great for the time it was developed, but I'm sure he
would agree there are easier ways to create the same effect these days :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design