Strange contents of long name

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 16 16:55:10 EST 2013

On 1/16/13 3:37 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> In the olden days, text properties were bound together in such a way
> that changing any single attribute would cause the others to be reset to
> their defaults.

Actually, when I first came on board with MetaCard, it behaved the way
LiveCode (finally) does now. It was wonderful. But that didn't last very
long, and due to some other change I can't remember, text properties
were all bound together based on font. I have hated that ever since it
happened. I had to rewrite all my stacks. I used to be able to change
the text font of a stack and everything would just work, all the text
styling remained and only the font changed. After the change I had to
store htmltext in a custom property and set the contents of fields
according to platform. Ick.

And it stayed "ick" until just recently, when text properties were
de-coupled once again. I rejoiced. Free at last! :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com