Telephony in LiveCode

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Tue Jan 15 14:23:21 EST 2013

On Jan 15, 2013, at 10:07 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 1/15/13 11:59 AM, Timothy Miller wrote:
>> USB modems are cheap and widely available.
>
> Of course, there's the problem that LiveCode has no USB support.

Okay, I feel stupid now.

I must say, the dictionary entry for "write to driver" does not quite reach the standard of "crystal clear" on the USB issue.

Years ago, I had a hyperCard stack that would make outogoing phone calls for me, with modem commands. The added convenience was not so great as I had expected, so I eventually stopped using it. I've had some vague notion that LiveCode retained this ability.

As I open the memory port and write "ponder," I read a dim response. This was a time when modems had a dedicated serial port that was supported in some version of HyperCard.

Tim