Shoutout to Colin

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Jan 3 10:34:06 EST 2013

Yes, it's sad that so many weren't "re-purposed" (i.e. adapted for other platforms) and so evaporated. Warner New Media did a fantastic one on a late Beethoven string quartet (Op 131) that was definitely HyperCard based. Presumably totally dead now.

In fact after CD-ROMs in general turned out to be not the money-makers producers had hoped for, a lot of stuff just disappeared. For months I have been trying to negotiate with a US publisher who produced a very elaborate CD-ROM on a literary theme which can still be run on Mac OS 9 but is otherwise invisible. They are sitting on all the rights to the materials. I want to re-write it as an iPad app (using LC, what else?) but so far they prefer not to talk to me. Sad.

Graham