Physics Engine support

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Wed Feb 27 19:42:01 EST 2013

I will be asleep shortly. I am the only one left up so I am unable to get
anyone on the dev team to provide much more info. I've been party to
various discussions on this but I should really check with them on the
final plan for it. This blurb I have from a management doc and it is up to
date but it doesn't provide much more than is up on the site unfortunately:

The target of this goal is to provide a replacement for the existing
Œgraphic¹ object. The new object (referred to at present as a Œshape¹)
would use sub-pixel positioning and standard 2d vector paths.
Additionally, the idea of a Œgroup¹ shape type would be used to allow
nested rendering - the ultimate goal being that the Œshape¹ object be able
to import and display SVG. This is (essentially) an entirely
platform-independent project with most of the work going into the syntax
and semantics of the object, and the SVG importer.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can code