Proportionally Scale A Field?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Feb 24 03:32:33 EST 2013

Hi All:

Has anyone been able to figure out how to proportionally scale a basic field
in LiveCode?

I'm not talking about the text size (obvious), but rather the margin
offsets.  Specifically, the top margin is the problem.  Contrary to what you
would expect, doubling or tripling the top margin when doubling or tripling
the size of the field doesn't result in proportional results: the top margin
value increases correctly, but the actual number of pixels the text is
offset is incorrect.

I've spent days trying to figure out some rhyme or reason behind the
numbers, and even broke down and tried to chart the results with the hope of
finding a pattern/formula, but I can't figure out anything.  Things get even
more convoluted when changing the field's textSize or textHeight.

I've bug reported this and asked RunRev for assistance but they have not
been able to help.

How do folks scale fields for different resolutions on mobile?  What's the
formula?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director