The kickstarter thing and animationEngine

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Mon Feb 18 06:09:10 EST 2013

Hi peers,

as I have been asked off list I might as well make a public statement here.

If liveCode manages to become openSource, I will follow runrevs lead and make animationEngine available under a dual license. This will mean, you will get to see all the scripts I wrote for it over the past 7 years (shortly after a cleanup phase. Need to remove all those german swearing comments, unless somebody is really interested in those. <g>)

I will be removing the password protection from the code and I have no intention to cripple it in any way. Full thing for the OSS users. If someone will want to use it commercially they will still be needing a license to do so. I have been asked how I was going to police that. Well, I trust honest people will be honest and if AE saves them time in a commercial app, they will want to keep its development alive by purchasing a license. Pretty straightforward.

I am so looking forward to liveCode becoming dual licensed. If you have any interest in LC + AE, please make a pledge. Tis the right thing for me and I guess development of AE will largely benefit from that too.

Cheers,

Malte