AW: put the qtversion crashes

Dave Kilroy dave at businessplaninsight.com
Fri Feb 15 18:34:54 EST 2013

Hi Tiemo

Did you know there are "K" and "KN" editions of Windows 7 Ultimate (I have the "N" edition) which come without Windows Media Player plus some other stuff that originally made viewing videos impossible.

Downloading Windows Media Player from Microsoft didn't stop the errors when attempting to play videos - and Real Player and QT also didn't run (think QT relies on Windows Media Player in Win7) - what fixed it for me was installing VLC media player and a reboot - after that Windows Media Player and QT worked!

So - it may be that the crash on your customer's Windows 7 Ultimate is not down to your software but to the OS being sold without Windows Media Player…

Dave