What do you want to contribute?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Feb 13 17:36:22 EST 2013

On 14/02/2013, at 9:06 AM, Mike Kerner wrote:

> I get how it works, but if you look at a couple of the things I want to do,
> they require RR to support them or it's just me and my minions and our
> togas.

Right... but what I was looking for were real projects that people in the community might put their hand up to do. It might be a small tweak to the IDE but it's this community saying... gee if this goes open source we can do this or that and our collective effort will make this great tool 1000 times better! Why not go through your list, pick one or more things you might enjoy the challenge of implementing in your spare time and put it on the list ;-)

Don't get me wrong... the big stuff will need to be left to RunRev. At least until after the refactoring. If you want the big stuff then put your money into kickstarter. Lots of small stuff can be done by the community though and that's what I'm hoping this thread will demonstrate.

> And Cmd-` is a good way to fix it for righties.

Arguably lefties already have Cmd+0/9

> I also see that François and I have several interests in common.

Yes...

> I like the way LibreOffice has their roadmap set up - instead of it being a
> free-for-all, they have laid out various to-dos and what they think is the
> degree of difficulty.  Then noobs can come in, contribute, increase their
> credibility and their knowledge, and move on up in the horde.

Well... just because their roadmap is like that it doesn't mean you can't contribute something else.

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!