SOAP for Dummies?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Feb 1 15:16:57 EST 2013

Hey All:

I'm looking to grab some weather data from a web service that apparently
uses SOAP requests and responses, for which I know absolutely nothing,
(other than it's XML?), and am looking for some more info.

I picked up Mark Wieder's SOAP lib stack, but I'm wondering if there's a
resource/example somewhere that explains the process in simple terms (thus
the "dummy" in the title).  I've found dozens of references on the web that
talk about structure but I'm still unclear how to use the format with
LiveCode.  Is this a "put url. . ." type of thing or is the request sent in
some other manner?  Any examples around somewhere that I can look at?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design