livecode on xubuntu 13.10

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 15:50:19 EST 2013

On 27/12/13 20:55, stephen barncard wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Macintosh computers are used by posers and people who have academic grants
>> paying for their computers.
>
> you lost some credibility here, Richmond. That's a regrettable thing to say.

If you realised that my statement (and I own several Mac computers) is
based on
the situation here in Bulgaria, what I know from my visits to Britain
and what my sons
tell me about Germany you might reconsider that.

Macintosh computers are, generally, better made, higher quality machines
than most
other computers. They are, also, much more expensive than most other
computers, and
the average Joe in Europe at least, is unaware of the possible
advantages of owning one
as far as a Mac is a computer over an ordinary PC.

Therefore the people who tend to buy Macs are academics, who are far
better aware of their strengths than the average Joe,
and fashionistas.

Now I am well aware that in the United States the situation is rather
different.

Richmond.