rawKeyDown slightly cooked

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 13:56:41 EST 2013

On 24/12/13 20:27, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 12/24/13 2:15 AM, Richmond wrote:
>
>> There is a school of thought that the best 'British' English (never
>> quite worked out what that meant)
>> is spoken in Inverness, in the Highlands of Scotland.
>
> We took a trip up to Inverness during the first RevLive conference in
> Edinburgh. What a gorgeous place, but I couldn't understand a word
> some of them said. It may as well have been, say, Bulgarian.

"Gorgeous" is not the word that first springs to mind anent Inverness;
but the country in behind is, indeed, gorgeous.

I would suppose, in the bars and hotels the language is, if it is not
Gaelic, Scots; however, in the schools I wid jalouse the dominies are
fae fuin the ridgouns wi Sudron, an are awffy perticular wi the
grammaticals.

Richmond.