How do I find the rgb values for colors defined by their name:e.g. blue, green, yellow etc. - Found word(s) list error in the Text body

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Dec 13 16:22:15 EST 2013


I think I found how to deal with all the formatting problems.  Found a
"Paste and match style" edit menu option (or shift-command-V) in gmail
which looks like it does the trick.  Does this come out OK?

      put empty into tArray
      put x into tArray["PropertySequence"]
      put tGroupID into tArray["GroupID"]
      put tPropertyID into tArray["PropertyID"]

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>


On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> Yes it does! :) Use that please.
>
>
>
> On 12/13/13 1:51 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
>
>> I use gMail and pretty sure that's the cause of the problem.  I'l check to
>> see if it has any of the options you mentioned but I don't remember seeing
>> them.  However, I do see a "Remove Formatting" option in the toolbar when
>> sending a message, so here's a code snippet pasted in below with the
>> remove
>> formatting thing done to it, please let me know if this comes though OK.
>>
>> --CODE STARTS HERE
>>
>> put empty into tArray
>>
>>        put x into tArray["PropertySequence"]
>>
>>        put tGroupID into tArray["GroupID"]
>>
>>        put tPropertyID into tArray["PropertyID"]
>>
>> --CODE ENDS HERE
>>
>> Pete
>> lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM, J. Landman Gay
>> <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:
>>
>>  On 12/13/13 12:24 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
>>>
>>>  Useful script, thanks Peter.  The strange thing is that the asterisks
>>>> don't
>>>> appear in the email I send from my computer, only in the recipients
>>>> email,
>>>> plus the pasted text shows in black not the script editor colors.
>>>>
>>>>
>>> It isn't colors, it's some basic markup that at least some email clients
>>> use to indicate text styling. I suspect if if the list allowed html posts
>>> they'd display the same way you see them when you send it -- except for
>>> people like me who display all email as text-only for security reasons.
>>>
>>> In Thunderbird there is an option to always send emails in either text or
>>> html format, which can be set individually for each email address. For
>>> list
>>> emails, it can be set to "text only" and the problem goes away, the
>>> markup
>>> is discarded. I don't know which email client you're using but maybe it
>>> has
>>> a similar option.
>>>
>>> Thunderbird also has an item in the Edit menu "Paste without formatting".
>>> Pasting that way also removes the markup.
>>>
>>> If you aren't using Thunderbird, you could run the clipboard content
>>> through a text editor first and re-copy it from there. That would convert
>>> it to text-only. The disadvantage on your end is the additional work it
>>> requires. For us, it would allow us to copy scripts directly from your
>>> posts and also improve readability.
>>>
>>> You aren't the only one this happens to though, I've seen a few others.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>>> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> use-livecode mailing list
>>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>>> subscription preferences:
>>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>>
>>>  _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>
>>
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>



More information about the Use-livecode mailing list