OT: Windows settings for correct handling of diacritics?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Dec 11 08:57:05 EST 2013

Hello,

I have a customer, who is experiencing that my LC program on his Win Vista
PC, SP2 transforms entered German umlaute (diacritics) into rubbish. The
funny thing is, that most times, if he reenters a word with diacritics into
a field, the second time it is entered correctly.

Since this is the only customer, who is experiencing this behavior I am sure
it has nothing to do with LC (beside perhaps of its problems with Unicode),
but must be any setting or missing in Windows. It is a german PC with german
windows, german keyboard setting, german format setting in the system
settings and german regional setting for non Unicode-programs in the system
settings.

Has anybody of you German, French, Spanish or Brazil guys ever experienced
such a phenomenon or knows of any other windows setting, what can cause such
a behavior?

Thanks for any hints

Tiemo