New livecode release notes page

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Dec 7 04:37:53 EST 2013

Hi Folks

I found a cool project today that takes a markdown file and turns it into a nice looking page with a toc all using javascript and I thought I'd use it to both provide something useful for the community and demonstrate the power of git and the coolness of markdown.

The script that generates the markdown file from the change notes in the livecode repo is only 85 lines long. The page shows exactly which releases included or modified which bugfixes and features. Each bugfix note has a clickable bug number linking to quality control.

Check it out: http://mergext.com/notes.html

At the moment it doesn't include 6.5.1 because it's not yet a tagged release and the script uses tags to find releases.

I hope people find it useful and if someone from RunRev is interested it would be quite easy to automate this with a github hook.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!