Copy

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Dec 1 16:31:09 EST 2013

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 3:56 AM, Matthias Rebbe <
matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de> wrote:

> that looks interesting.
>
> Would you mind to share your .irev file,
> so others could find out how to do that on their servers also?
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

​PART ONE

Matthias

this stuff is all experimental but works great for me.

a zip of the 'master' iRev file for "Directory Player" is
here<http://media.barncard.com/downloads/download-player.zip>
.

this code is probably going to look like Siberian noodleworks without
knowing the context.  I work with a lot of different media in conjunction
with with making records and use the web extensively to communicate and
exchange files with my clients. Since I'm the only one using this, I don't
need a fancy UI and instead upload files using an SFTP client.  My goal:
 to create a web-based player for every thing I do, and have it create it's
own properties. In addition to the simple 'directory player' I've created

a video player  (using JW player + minimal javascript ) that creates a
playlist in real time from the contents of the folder, offers direct URL
play, download option, otherwise file locations are obfuscated.

an audio player (using JW player + minimal javascript ) that does the same

a directory player that simply shows directories within a directory, and
conditionally allows navigation through the areas.

a gallery player  that shows photo files in the directory.

All these are designed for FAST setup.

The rest of this rap relates to the simple download player:

I've created a 'system' of folders that uses a 'player' for a particular
use or that makes it easy for me to display media of different types
super-quickly by simply uploading the files, filling out a prefs file and
placing a short re-director file in the directory.  This "INCLUDES" the
master file as if it is running in the folder and the master can then make
local references.  In the files-directory player I go further and modify
apache using .htaccess so that I can bypass automatic browser players and
the media files can be downloaded with a normal click:

htaccess file at top of download folder

*AddType application/octet-stream aif*
*AddType application/octet-stream tif*
*AddType application/octet-stream psd*
*AddType application/octet-stream qt*
*AddType application/octet-stream zip*
*AddType application/octet-stream mp3*
*AddType application/octet-stream m4a*

the index file looks like this. it includes the master file in the lib
folder.
the master file can also work in the folder solo without abstraction.

*<?rev*
*  set the itemdelimiter to "/"*
*  get $_SERVER[PATH_TRANSLATED]*
*  include (item 1 to 4 of it) & "/_lib/download-player.irev"*
*?>*

(text limit - continued on part two)​

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*