Unicode in variables

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Aug 19 18:27:45 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> Thanks, I'll try it. The glossary is only one piece of a much bigger data
> set involving a lot of different types of lookups, and this is going to be
> a huge pain. I'm going to have to rewrite a large part of the existing code
> base.

If you have to rewrite you code base and there's lots of different lookups
involved, maybe an SQLite database would work?

I believe the default encoding for SQLite is UTF8 so it should be possible
to set up a simple table with an indexed key column and a data column, then
just load and select the data without any conversion.

However, I've never done anything like this with SQLite so it may not be as
simple as I think it is. Devin probably can comment on that.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>