LC, applescript and mail.app

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 03:52:10 EDT 2013

Hi Yves,

According to the Mail applescript's dictionary, the content property only
accepts RTF content.

2 ways for doing what you want:

1. RTF

put the rtfText of fld "test" to tVar
tell application "Mail"
        set newMessage to (make new outgoing message at end of outgoing
messages with properties {subject:xx, content:tVar})
end tell

2. Or with applescript, using the HTML content property of the outgoing
message
set the htmlText of fld "test" to tVar
tell application "Mail"
        set newMessage to (make new outgoing message at end of outgoing
messages with properties {subject:xx, html content:tVar})
end tell

Best Regards,

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Yves COPPE <yvescoppe at skynet.be> wrote:

> Hi list,
>

> For mac users
>
> I have a text formatted with html tags in a variable tVar
> when I write
> set the htmlText of fld "test" to tVar : OK
> when I write an applescript to send the text per mail
>
> tell application "Mail"
>         set newMessage to (make new outgoing message at end of outgoing
> messages with properties {subject:xx, content:tVar)
> end tell
>
> the text appears in the mail but with the tags
> <b>the text</b> ……, not in the formatted style
>
> How can I resolve this ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Greetings.
>
> Yves COPPE