Corrupted Stack

Joe Hamburger abilitybf at att.net
Sat Aug 10 12:58:27 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

This is strange. The stack I'm referring to works fine when everything I do is within the stack. However, when I try to alter some field data in this stack from a script in another stack, LiveCode force quits. I have used several different ways to change the data but it quits almost every time.

I tried going to a backup copy of the bad stack but apparently I backed up before I realized there was a defect in the stack.

My questions are:

1) Is there a way to fix the bad stack?

2) If not, is it safe to copy the fields and buttons from the bad stack into a new stack?

I've used several different builds of LiveCode and the problem persists. Currently I'm using Community 6.1.1 (rc2) on Mac OS 10.6.8

Thanks for your help in advance. I'm so glad this group is available for help in situations like this one.

Joe
Orlando, FL, USA