An SQL query to return an UPDATE for the results?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 13:32:43 EDT 2013

And so I thought that I'd made a cute little couple of lines of code
that replaced my loops.  The updating worked, with a SELECT generating
a slew of UPDATEs.

And then I tried to deal with the case of an apostrophe in a field.  Giving me
something like

     SET adr='Fudd's Place'

I suppose I could make the query come back as something like,

     SET adr=@Fudd's Place@

use a replace to escape the apostrophe's & such, and then turn it the
quotes back . . .

I guess it's back to looping, though:  If I do use an ascii string of
one or more characters, I need to deal with users entering that string
(although this is in the "already fully compromised" category . . .)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462