LiveCode on LinkedIn

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 8 13:09:24 EDT 2013

LinkedIn is a great resource for professionals, with an audience larger
than Twitter's and fewer cat pictures than Facebook. ;)

One of LinkedIn's main features is the member profile, where we list our
skills and interests, and that's where you come in:

It's common among LinkedIn members to include programming languages they
have expertise in, like JavaScript, PHP, Python, etc.  These languages
are popular enough that you'll often find yourself prompted to endorse
someone you know for those skills.

But LiveCode doesn't have as much visibility on LinkedIn, so it almost
never appears in such prompts - we can change that:

First, be sure to list LiveCode among the skills in your profile.

Second, when you have time you might consider adding that to
endorsements for other LinkedIn members whose LiveCode skills you respect.

I took a couple minutes this morning to add "LiveCode" as a skill in
endorsements to some of the folks I know here.

Unfortunately this can't be done with the prompt LinkedIn presents
during most browsing of the site, but you can add LiveCode to the prompt
that appears when browsing someone's profile.

If you keep this in mind when browsing LinkedIn, hopefully we can raise
awareness of LiveCode in that increasingly useful professional venue.

Also, LinkedIn supports discussion groups, and there are several there
related to LiveCode.  Just search the groups there for LiveCode and
you'll find them, including a few regional groups like the one for
Portland and another for SoCal.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems