Getting the Public IP address

FlexibleLearning.com admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Thu Aug 8 06:30:23 EDT 2013

I am trying to establish the User's public IP address. The Scripter's
Scrapbook has several methods, all of which return the same result and all
of which seem to return a local IP address (e.g. put the hostnametoaddress
of the hostname into myIP). I am getting 192.168.2.2 (local) instead of the
required 85.210.89.23 (public). It must be possible as a google search on
'My IP address' displays it.

As a self-confessed die-hard IP nitwit, I have tried to research a solution
but have failed miserably.

Has anyone got a method to obtain a User's public IP address?

Many thanks,

Hugh Senior
FLCo