"this me"?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Aug 7 23:06:03 EDT 2013

If this new feature is not going to be used very often, then "the object
containing this script" is probably better than any of my ideas so far, but
I think we can still do better for some reason.  I want the phrase to be
clear to the beginner, because if it's clear to the beginner, I think it
will be clear to the rest of us when we are trying to remember what it is.
We might also try "the object of this script" instead of "the object
containing this script", but I don't think that's as clear, since "object"
can be "the purpose" in that phrase.

Then what do we do for the various versions of the name - short/long/etc.,
and which of those should the property return without modifiers?  I guess
it should contain the type, as well - button "b", but when we start
writing, would we have
the short name of the object containing this script?  Actually, I kind of
like that, since "me" is out, even though when I would be typing this
silliness I would be thinking "me".

If we go this way, could I pretty please get my name in the source code
this one time?  If not, can we please, please, please either count empty
last items or change the database functions so empty last items aren't such
a PITA?

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com