"answer folder" ignores ~/Library

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 30 22:37:20 EDT 2012

On 9/30/12 6:32 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> As I'm playing with preferences, and letting the user specify some
> things, I've noticed that ~/Library does not appear among the choices
> of ~ in the dialog box.
>
> The dictionary says nothing about this.
>
> Is this behavior correct?

In OS X Lion and above, Apple has decided that mere mortals should not
access the Library folder(s) and has hidden them away. They no longer
appear in the Finder sidebar or menus. You need to know secret commands
and actions to show the Library folders.

In Snow Leopard and below, your users will be able to see ~/Library in
both Finder and standard file dialogs.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com