[OT] What does Richmond do with Livecode?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 15:45:23 EDT 2012

On 09/30/2012 10:28 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 9/30/12 1:39 PM, Roger Eller wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Richmond wrote:
>>
>>> Possibly the best way to find out is to subscribe to the Facebook page:
>>>
>>> http://www.facebook.com/devawriter
>>>
>>> if you already have a Facebook account search for 'Devawriter' and
>>> send a
>>> friend request.
>>>
>>> Richmond.
>>

>> I saw your announcement.  CONGRATULATIONS Richmond!
>
> Those of us who do not want to be involved with Facebook for any
> reason will never know what he did.
>
> <rant>
> I understand that everyone in the world is on FB except the handful of
> us who don't care to post their private life in public places. I have
> now seen several promotions by some companies that only give away free
> product or coupons if you "like" them on FB. I am annoyed. The US has
> a law that forbids sweepstakes from requiring a purchase, but there is
> no law that says you can't limit your giveaways to a particular social
> media outlet. I was eligible for some free items according to all the
> stated rules except for the fact that I refuse to use FB.
> </rant>

<counter rant>

I have a Facebook account where I post ONLY AS MUCH AS I CHOOSE about my
private life. While
this may shock people like Ms Landman Gay, I have reached an age where I
don't feel an urge to hang all my dirty laundry out in public, and,
therefore, don't.

I also have 2 groups: both 'Secret": one for the pupils at my Language
school, the other to communicate easily with my 2 boys, who are both
studying outside Bulgaria. These are both extremely convenient;
especially the former, as I can send out grammar handouts and so on
ready for a class the following day.

My 'Devawriter' account is NOT about me, nor my dirty laundry (which I
normally shove in the washing-machine . .  . LOL), but about my Software
development.

Facebook is rather like Uranium; it can be used for good and bad alike,
and it depends on how the end-user uses the thing, not the thing in
itself. As a right-wing sort of chap, I advocate personal
responsibility rather than blaming Facebook, Twitter and so on for any
of my personal ills.

</counter rant>

Of course, anti-Facebook types can just troll over to my webpage and
have a jolly time messing around with the Demo versions:

http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/dwriterpro.html

Richmond.