connecting to mysql

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 13:43:39 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Mark Schonewille
<m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:
> RunRev Ltd. can't guess which language you're going to use for the server side.
>Therefore, they can't deliver those scripts.

But they can.  I have the full developer pack and a runrev server
account.  At the *very* least, my stack should be able to query my
account on their own server runing livecode server.  Failing that,
there should be at least a sample script.

>If they started delivering such scripts, then
>they would also have to deliver server-side scripts for web forms, e-mailing,
>uploading files, etc.

If they're selling a server language package, this should be part of
what comes with it!

>Surely, it would be nice if RunRev were going to do all the work
>for us, but unfortunately we can't expect them to do so.

We can, though, expect a developer package and webserver package to
include the basic tools that every database using application will
need.

> If you really need a server-side solution that works with LiveCode and MySQL, then I
>could make something like this http://qery.us/2l2 for you. Feel free to contact me
>off-list for a quote.

Thank you, but I really need to be doing my own coding, and
understanding every line of it.  Only after that can I subcontract
anything in a commercial product (besides, I want postrgresql, not
mysql.  Now that Oracle owns mysql, it is unlikely to advace and get
basic hings like, say, real booleans . . .)

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462