head spinning over datagrids

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 18:49:44 EDT 2012

And then gmail ate my message, with no saved version???

Anyway, let's see if I can remember all of this.

It seems that the file "LiveCode_Data_Grd.pdf" is what passes for
documentation for datagrids?  Or is there some other manual out there
that actually documents it?

This seems to be a situation of shooting flies with cannon.  I need to
have the user able to enter rows with two to four elements, with
usually zero to a few rows, but sometimes a great many.  Always pure
text, but might be multiple lines.

So since I need to work with rows, I need a "Form" template rather
than the "table" type? (In spite of this being what we'd call a
"table" in English?)

should set the dgData to this array?

So i drag a dg onto my card, then click on the row behavior & template
behavior to get stuff copied over, and start editing those?

And then add buttons to the template for things like delete row?

And since three are something like 50 different ones of these that I
want to edit with the same editor, I can name the fields I add to the
template A, B, C, and D, and set the widths & position of these in the
template from a script?

Am I getting anything out of this as opposed to a basic table other
than being able to have a delete button, not have to trap for return
to not jump down a row, and getting alternating grey rows?

thanks

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462