Apologies & 2 liveCode problems

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at me.com
Fri Sep 28 11:10:08 EDT 2012

I would like to apologize for the tone of my post about the subscriber list earlier this week.

Thanks for posting for me Klaus - sorry for getting you involved with such an idiotic problem.

And yes, Heather figured it out right away - thanks Heather!

Since someone else may experience this and my misplaced frustration, this was the problem;

I had a .mac account from the start, which then became mobileMe and has now been replace by iCloud. When mobileMe was launched, all users with a mac.com address also got a me.com address. I never liked the sound of me-dot-com and ignored the address completely. Little did I know that that is the address that iCloud uses for outgoing mail, so my posts in the last 10 days looked like they were from the wrong address. As Heather suggested, I register the me.com address with the list and set the account to not receive the digests. Thanks again and sorry again.

Now I still have the same two problems with LiveCode 5.5 and still need help/suggestions.

1. I can't seem to set the textFont of fields to unicode. I doesn't work with the Text formatting section of the inspector palette and

		set the textFont of fld "xyz" to "Arial,Unicode"

doesn't do it either.

I upgraded from runRev 2.8 to liveCode 5.5 in one shot, so I obviously missed a lot of changes/improvements.

So how does one set the textFont to Unicode in LiveCode 5.5? It must be possible, obviously, so what am I missing???

The other problem involves LiveCode images showing up as the icons in my buttons.

I spent some time finding the conflict, and find it I did. I just don't know how to solve it.

I never have the Livecode UI elements displayed in the Application Browser, so I diplayed them and tracked down the culprits. It seems that LiveCode images have ID's either under 1000 or 0ver 200,000. At least almost all of the time. I actually remember this from many years ago and have always avoided those ID numbers. I looked at every single image ID in every single Livecode stack and found 10 images with ID's between 1012 and 1291. Infortunately 3 of them (1012, 1024, 1105) are the same as 3 of my images that are used as icons for buttons that are on literally every single screen of every single application I have ever made!

Two of the conflicting images are in two of the revOnline sub- stacks, so I closed and removed from memory the revOnline stack and that was that - 2/3 of the problem solved.

The third one is a little bit tricky, as it is the LiveCode splashScreen image on card "Main" of stack "Home!" (image id 1105) This stack cannot be closed.

I have come up with a workaround that I suppose could be a permanent solution, so I guess that I am curious about why there is an image with that ID in a LiveCode stack that cannot be closed? Or is it possible for my button to display the intended icon even with that Home stack open somewhere?

Bottom line I guess is the unicode problem above!

Cheers,

Lars