[OT] EULA and legality

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Sep 11 17:16:01 EDT 2012

I think that's the crux of this whole discussion.

If someone accepts an agreement of any sort that contains conditions that
are illegal, then it's highly questionable if they are bound by that
agreement, or at least by the illegal parts.   I actually won a small
claims court case on that principal a few years back.

Of course, we're then back to the discussion on whether Apple's EULA clause
about running on non-Apple hardware is legal or not.

In both cases, everyone can make their own decisions as to how to deal with
the situation.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>