LC Forum reading (was Re: OT: Adobe kills mobile Flash)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 11 12:43:29 EDT 2012

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 9/11/12 10:50 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> But given the reasonably useful search feature built into the forums,
>> would an alternate search tool provide much more utility than is already
>> there?
>>
>> Searching is only half the problem.  The other half is reading what
>> you've found. :)
>>
>> To solve that I focus mostly on just new posts.
>
> I'm happy to go to the forums to search. But I want to read new posts
> conveniently, and forums aren't convenient. Do you have any insight why
> RR won't simply turn on the email option? It's beyond me why that hasn't
> happened yet.
>
> Since you moderate there, maybe you could give them a poke.

My role there is quite limited, pretty much just deputy spam patrol.

With suggestions, you or anyone else has as much weight as I might, but
with alternate interfaces to the forum I have to say that Peter
Haworth's reminder of the RSS option is a very good one.

The RSS feed the forums puts out is pretty complete, and allows you to
view it in the reader of your choice - and of course it's simple to also
make your own in LiveCode.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World