OT: Adobe kills mobile Flash

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Tue Sep 11 11:29:00 EDT 2012

For keepers, before Adobe "killed mobile Flash", Adobe
a) killed PageMaker and attempted to kill Freehand by buying Aldus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldus
They developed their own inDesign software and buried PageMaker six feet in the ground. Freehand was the main competitor to Illustrator. It turned out that the Freehand software was Altsys', which licenced Macromedia to distribute Freehand. Aldus possessed Digital Darkroom, which was an early competitor of Photoshop.
b) killed Macromedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromedia for Flash, and again, for Freehand. There is currently an attempt to resurrect Freehand on a more or less open source basis.
So do not expect me to shed a tear on the death of mobile Flash. I wish it will also die on the desktop. Who knows? maybe this will put some life into the revolution browser plugin. That is all I hope.
Best,
	François