pirate version of my book...

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 16:32:53 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Ken Corey <ken at kencorey.com> wrote:

> I'm going to write a very sternly worded letter to my parents about
> instilling a sense of justice, misguided though it may be.

My parents and the Jebbies . . .

I had the mistiming to be raised in Silicon Valley but at just about
the exact midpoint between the APple Generation and the dotcom
generation . . .

Between High School and College (in town, at Santa Clara) I landed a
programming spot in a startup.  I was the boy wonder and golden child
for the organization, and made the only piece of the whole product
that worked right.

However, in the process, I was also meeting and getting to know the SV
venture capitalists.

Between right & wrong, and personal loyalty (a friend I brought in got
scapegoated for honesty; he didn't even know he was supposed to be
lying about the money removed from the machines . . .), I left long
before the inevitable failure of the company, but with a couple years
less of meeting the Powers That Be.

I could have had my own company on graduation, but right and wrong got
in the way . . .

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.